5-year-old Georgia boy rescues entire family from house fire

by Bryan Brammer · Feb 14th, 2020 11:29 am

Facebook / Bartow County Fire Department

Last Updated Feb 14th, 2020 at 1:00 pm

A 5-year-old Georgia boy rescued his entire family on Sunday after he awoke to flames in his bedroom, helped his baby sister get out, and then alerted his family that their house was on fire.

After Noah Woods woke up to smoke and fire in the bedroom he shared with his 2-year-old sister, he quickly sprang into action. He grabbed his sister and exited the house through an open window, then climbed back into the house to save the family dog before running next door to wake his uncle to alert the rest of the family.

All eight family members made it out safely and were treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation, according to the Bartow County Fire Department.

Fire Chief Dwayne Jamison said the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical outlet in Noah's bedroom.

On Friday, the Bartow County Fire Department will recognize Noah as an honorary firefighter and present him with an award.


You must become a subscriber or login to view or post comments on this article.