Attorney General Bill Barr said in an ABC News interview Thursday that President Trumps constant tweeting about the Justice Department and ongoing cases "make it impossible for me to do my job," adding "I am not going to be bullied," and "I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me."
🔦 The comments represent an unprecedented public reprimand by Barr, who has thus far been seen as a Trump ally, toward the president.
Trump had tweeted Wednesday about an ongoing case involving Roger Stone, congratulating Barr for "taking charge" of the case after Trump had voiced his disapproval at the prison sentence suggested for Stone.
* * *
Love Disrn? Subscribe!
- Experience the entire site ad-free
- Bookmark your favorite articles
- Access the members-only podcast with Adam Ford
- Read member-exclusive opinion pieces
- Sync your favorites between devices
- Support us as we grow