On the heels of the major Trump-ordered U.S. strike in Iraq that targeted and killed Gen. Qassem Soleimani, Iran's top military commander, 2020 hopeful Joe Biden released an attack ad calling President Trump "an erratic, unstable, and dangerously incompetent commander in chief."
"We need someone tested and trusted around the world," the ad says. This is a moment for Joe Biden."
Late Thursday, just after the strikes, Biden had released a statement slamming Trump for tossing "a stick of dynamite into a tinder box."
? Go further:
- Iran vows "severe revenge" against U.S. for killing of top general
- Trump: Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani "has killed or badly wounded thousands of Americans . . . He should have been taken out many years ago!"
- In addition to Gen. Soleimani, U.S. strike killed another general, colonel, major, and captain in Revolutionary Guard: Iran state TV
- Pompeo: Killing Iranian general saved "dozens, if not hundreds" of U.S. lives from "imminent" attacks
- State Department tells U.S. citizens to leave Iraq immediately
- Israel prepares for possible Iranian retaliation after U.S. strike
- New York, Los Angeles increase security in wake of Iran threat
- 2020 Democrats slam Trump for killing Iran's top general