Thirty-nine people were shot this weekend amid continuing violence in Chicago, six of them fatally.
Six of the wounded were attacked at a party at the Get Glammed Beauty Bar when a gunman walked in and began shooting before fleeing the scene.
Emma Wright, 71, was the oldest killed over the weekend. Wright was struck inside her home in Morgan Park on the South Side when two males fired at the house, striking her repeatedly.
The rest of the victims ranged from 19 to 47 years old.
- A 39-year-old man was killed in an alley on the West Side when someone fired a gun and hit him in the abdomen.
- 41-year-old Lyman Bates was found dead by police on South Paulina Street with multiple gunshots to the face and chest.
- 19-year-old Daron Johnson was killed in Douglas Park on the West Side when another vehicle pulled up to his and someone inside opened fire.
- 23-year-old David Green, Jr. was killed on South Cornell Avenue when a vehicle pulled up and someone inside fired shots.
- 47-year-old Alex Kinsy was killed while running away from a male assailant who shot him in the head.
A possible murder-suicide was also discovered in Marquette Park on the South Side. Police discovered a 21-year-old man and a 19-year-old women dead inside a vehicle with a handgun and gunshot wounds to their heads.