My brother sent me this a couple days ago and it hasn't stopped blessing me since. So, naturally, I had to bless you with it as well.
This is why we created the "comedy break" section.
So, here's a real Facebook post from the NYPD with some proud officers posing behind a gun they took off the street:
Let's go ahead and get a close-up of that bad boy:
Look at that thing 😂
Aaaand, one more time, how happy the officers look:
Well, that amazing Facebook post birthed the funniest comments section I've seen yet this year.
Before you go read the entire thread, allow me the pleasure of highlighting a few of my favorite comments:
- It is with great sorrow upon my breast, that I must pen this letter. The law men of York hath rounded me up, and disarmed me of 'Ol Trusty. It is sadder still, that I must now leave Maribelle behind to tend to our six children on the farm. I go now to the dark cell, awaiting the gallows. I have fought the law, and most grievously, the law won.
-Russel 'Rusty' Smithwick Tenpenny III
- Own a musket for home defense, since that's what the founding fathers intended. Four ruffians break into my house. "What the devil?" As I grab my powdered wig and Kentucky rifle. Blow a golf ball sized hole through the first man, he's dead on the spot. Draw my pistol on the second man, miss him entirely because it's smoothbore and nails the neighbors dog. I have to resort to the cannon mounted at the top of the stairs loaded with grape shot, "Tally ho lads" the grape shot shreds two men in the blast, the sound and extra shrapnel set off car alarms. Fix bayonet and charge the last terrified rapscallion. He Bleeds out waiting on the police to arrive since triangular bayonet wounds are impossible to stitch up. Just as the founding fathers intended.
- Glad you eight officers prevented that stage coach robbery at high noon!
- That firearm is only dangerous in the hands of Wyatt Earp and Billy The Kid, but only if they rode their horses to the townes blacksmith to forge a working pin and hammer out of a clump of iron ore.
- As the suspect was led away in handcuffs he could be heard yelling "I'm Yosemite Sam, the roughest, toughest, he-man stuffest hombre is ever crossed the rio grande"
- He's 37 cereal box tops away from getting the rest of the gun kit.
- 8 cops and 7 archaeologists assisted in the recovery of this firearm ⛏️
- Did you impound the getaway horse too?
- The only two things that could make this dangerous is
1) if it was used as a club
2) if you cut yourself on it and got lockjaw
- Finally, they got their hands on the weapon that was used to assassinate Archduke Franz Ferdinand. 😭
- Under the absolute guidance of the honorable mayor delblozo, these police officers can tackle crime and make New York the safest place in America!!!
- Remember guys this is NEW YORK. That may actually be a worthless, non functioning, piece of metal, but to liberal New York it's a weapon of mass destruction that they got off the streets. Kudos
- Congrats on taking the only "gun" off the streets that's less dangerous than a Hi Point. 🙄
- That's not a firearm. It was once a firearm, but that bastardized mass of gun parts can't be fired. It needs a hammer and hammer spring to be functional.
- Whoever's in charge of NYPD public relations and posted this glorious embarrassment to law enforcement should be fired ASAP. If the goal of NYPD is MOCKERY BY THE PUBLIC, this post is a total success.
OK, I've gotta stop. You can read the rest of them here.
Isn't it refreshing to see a comments section that's not a flaming hellscape, and a group of people on the internet being funny and intelligent? 😊