ESPN host Max Kellerman blames riots on “extremist right-wing agitators posing as protesters”

by Peter Heck · Sep 23rd, 2020 9:17 am
38

Last Updated Sep 24th, 2020 at 11:12 pm

ESPN host Max Kellerman said during the sports network's morning program "First Take" that "extremist right-wing agitators" are the ones responsible for the violent riots that have taken place in American cities since the death of George Floyd.

Speaking to co-host Stephen A. Smith, Kellerman said that "93% of the protests are peaceful," though the origin of Kellerman's precise number is unknown. The remaining 7%, he said, were either people blocking traffic, innocents retaliating against police aggression, or radical conservatives posing as protesters.

"The vast, overwhelming majority are peaceful, and by the way, the seven percent that are not, they have a very broad definition of what's not ‘peaceful,' for example if you block traffic or something like that or if you respond to police provocation," Kellerman said. "And even then, a big percentage of that, that wasn't peaceful, is actually outside agitators, extremist right-wing agitators posing as protestors in order to make the protests look bad."

Kellerman's comments come just days after the U.S. Justice Department identified a handful of cities and municipalities that could lose federal funding due to their unwillingness to put an end to "anarchy, violence, and destruction in American cities."


Comments

There are 38 comments on this article.

You must become a subscriber or login to view or post comments on this article.