Georgia Chick-fil-A employee rescues choking child in drive-thru

by Joel Abbott · Oct 16th, 2020 3:27 pm
22

Last Updated Oct 19th, 2020 at 2:07 pm

A Chick-fil-A employee in Columbus, Georgia, was credited with rescuing a choking child Monday in the drive-thru lane.

Zack "Cowboy" Kokenzie was working in the drive-thru of the restaurant when he noticed a commotion coming from an SUV. A seatbelt had reportedly become wrapped around a child's neck and the other children in the vehicle were calling for help. The children's father and another customer from a different vehicle attempted to free the child's windpipe, but were struggling to do so.

Kokenzie, an Eagle Scout certified in CPR, retrieved a pairs of scissors from a coworker through the drive-thru window and proceeded to quickly cut the belt.

"I am proud of Zack, Justin, Zachary B., and our team for their quick thinking and quick responses," said store owner Alex Vann. "This could have been far worse, but Zack and others were in the right place, with the right training and the right attitude to potentially save the life of one of our customers. We are glad everyone is alright."

🔦 This is not the first time a Chick-fil-A worker has saved a life. In 2019, an employee in southern California gave life-saving CPR to a man. The same year, an employee in Flowery Branch, Georgia, leapt through the drive-thru window to save a boy who also had a seatbelt wrapped around his neck.


Comments

There are 22 comments on this article.

You must become a subscriber or login to view or post comments on this article.