A Twitter whistleblower has released a video of CEO Jack Dorsey suggesting that the company's recent censorship and bans will continue far beyond the removal of President Trump from the platform.
James O'Keefe, founder of investigative outfit Project Veritas, shared the clip of Dorsey on Thursday evening.
In the video, Dorsey says that staff should feel free to express themselves "in whatever format manifestation feels right" before detailing the company's plan to curb communication it believes is false or harmful.
"We know we are focused on one account right now," said Dorsey, reportedly of Trump. "But this is going to be much bigger than just one account, and it's going to go on for much longer than just this day, this week, and the next few weeks, and go on beyond the [presidential] inauguration."
Dorsey also talked about the long-term plan for the company.
"So, the focus is certainly on [Trump's] account and how it ties to real-world violence. But also, we need to think much longer-term around how these dynamics play out over time. I don't believe this is going away anytime soon."
The Twitter CEO then detailed the actions they were taking against far-right users – such as those affiliated with Q Anon – before saying the company's "role" was to "protect the integrity" of the public square in America.
"You know, the U.S. is extremely divided. Our platform is showing that every single day. And our role is to protect the integrity of that conversation and do what we can to make sure that no one is being harmed based off that. And that is our focus."
Before releasing the video, O'Keefe lamented the power that technology companies have over public discourse and the flow of information. He also said that "over a dozen people" at Twitter have reached out with similar inside information that will be released in the coming weeks.
"Stay tuned," O'Keefe said. "They may be private companies, but they have more power than all three branches of government."
A Twitter spokesperson pushed back against any allegations of wrongdoing, however, saying the video had been openly shared with more than 5,000 employees and contained no information that had not already been provided to the public.