Las Vegas casinos will be allowed to reopen next week after more than two months of closures due to the coronavirus pandemic, Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak announced on Tuesday.
"We welcome the visitors from across the country to come here, to have a good time, no different than they did previously, but we're gonna be cautious," Sisolak said.
Casinos will be required to limit their occupancy by half and allow only three people at table games at one time, according to guidelines issued by the Gaming Control Board earlier this month. The board also recommended removing every other chair from in front of slot machines in order to encourage social distancing.
"I don't think you're going to find a safer place to come than Las Vegas by June 4, with the protocols that we've put in place, than the testing that we've put in place, with the contact tracing that will be in place by that time," Sisolak said. "We're encouraging visitors to come and enjoy themselves and have a good time."