Massachusetts man unknowingly swallowed wireless earbud while sleeping

by Joel Abbott · Feb 19th, 2021 10:55 am
19

Last Updated Feb 20th, 2021 at 12:04 pm

A resident of Massachusetts underwent an emergency endoscopy after he accidentally swallowed an Apple AirPod while sleeping.

Bradford Gauthier went to bed earlier this month while listening to music on his wireless earbuds, but when he woke up, one was missing. After getting up, he went outside to shovel snow and only realized something was wrong when he tried to drink a glass of water and discovered it would not go down.

After Gauthier's son suggested that the missing device may be the problem, he had an X-Ray that showed the AirPod wedged in his lower esophagus.

Gauthier then had an emergency endoscopy to remove the earbud.

"Be careful listening to wireless headphones when you fall asleep," he said in his post. "You never know where they'll end up!"


Comments

There are 19 comments on this article.

You must become a subscriber or login to view or post comments on this article.