A Michigan barber who opened his shop in defiance of a state stay-at-home order had his license temporarily suspended on Wednesday.
Karl Manke, 77, originally opened his shop on May 4, saying he would keep the doors open until he was arrested or "Jesus walks in."
A judge declined to shut down his shop on Monday without first holding a hearing, prompting state officials to suspend his barber and shop licenses.
"It is paramount that we take action to protect the public and do our part to help save lives," Attorney General Dana Nessel said.
Dave Kallman, Manke's attorney, said the move was "totally vindictive."
"It's petty, it's totally in retribution because they didn't like the court order from earlier this week," Kallman said.
The suspension was issued after Manke ignored a cease-and-desist order and two misdemeanor citations that could result in fines more than $1,000.