No charges will be filed against officers involved in shooting death of Jacob Blake

by Peter Heck · Jan 6th, 2021 8:41 am
8

Last Updated Jan 6th, 2021 at 10:07 am

The district attorney for Kenosha, Wisconsin, Michael Gravely, announced Tuesday that none of the police officers involved in the shooting of Jacob Blake last year will be charged with any crime. The decision, he said, was "based on the facts and laws."

Blake was shot after police responded to a distress call from Blake's ex-girlfriend Laquisha Booker, who said that Blake had sexually assaulted her and was attempting to kidnap one of her children.

Blake did not cooperate with police officers when they approached him, resisted arrest, attempted to enter the vehicle where Booker's children were present, and appeared to reach for the knife he had admitted was in his possession. Police later recovered that knife from inside the vehicle.

➡️ Read more: Kyle Rittenhouse pleads not guilty after killing 2 people during Wisconsin riots


Comments

There are 8 comments on this article.

You must become a subscriber or login to view or post comments on this article.