House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday named the seven legislators who will be responsible for prosecuting President Trump during the forthcoming Senate trial.
The seven managers are:
- Chair of the House Intelligence Committee Rep. Adam Schiff, (D-CA)
- Chair of the House Judiciary Committee Rep. Jerrold Nadler, (D-NY)
- Chair of the House Democratic Caucus Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, (D-NY)
- Chair of the Committee on House Administration Rep. Zoe Lofgren, (D-CA)
- Rep. Jason Crow, (D-CO)
- Rep. Val Demings, (D-FL)
- Rep. Sylvia Garcia, (D-TX)
Schiff has been named as lead manager.
Pelosi emphasized that many of the managers were chosen due to their extensive backgrounds, such as Lofgren, who was involved in the impeachment hearings of former presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton.
Trump fired back to the announcement on twitter:
"Here we go again, another Con Job by the Do Nothing Democrats. All of this work was supposed to be done by the House, not the Senate!"