Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey announced a massive $10 million donation to the Center for Antiracist Research founded by provocative author Ibram X. Kendi.
Kendi, the author of "Stamped from the Beginning" and "How to Be an Antiracist," founded his antiracism center at Boston University in 2020. The center is currently researching the "disproportionate impact" COVID-19 is having on BIPOC, or black, indigenous, people of color.
Dorsey, whose fortune includes several billion dollars, organized the donation through his charitable organization Start Small.
? Kendi gratefully received the eight-figure donation from the successful capitalist tycoon, despite teaching that capitalism is inherently racist.
Love Disrn? Subscribe!
A subscription grants you instant access to members-only opinion pieces, exclusive podcasts, and more! With a Disrn subscription you'll be able to:
- Experience the entire site ad-free
- Bookmark your favorite articles
- Comment on articles with the Disrn community
- Access the members-only podcast with Adam Ford
- Read member-exclusive opinion pieces
- Sync your favorites between devices
- Support us as we grow