Think of it as a sliding scale.
- You start with "openness to new ideas."
- Then move into "willingness to hear the other side."
- Then, "both sides make good points."
- Then, "To be honest, I'm not sure what I think about this anymore."
- Then, "I've actually come around on this issue."
- Then, "I don't feel like I used to about that."
- Then, "I've changed my mind."
- Then, "Truthfully, I've done a complete 180 on that."
Then, after about twenty other slight changes, you begin to border on the epic flip-flop – like Olympic gymnast kind of flip-flop – that race activist, justice grifter, and alleged-white-man-posing-as-black-for-profit Shaun King just pulled.
Brace your neck before reading this to avoid whiplash:
Now, before you go concluding that he just exposed himself to be a mere political opportunist with no actual convictions or principles, let's pay close attention to the original tweet. He clearly stated that he was "99% sure" that he would never support Biden or Harris.
Lucky for the Democrats that the stars aligned for that 1% to pull through.
How some of these people sleep at night is really a remarkable feat.